GECON 2021 will comprise 3 complete days, from Tuesday (21.Sept.2021) to Thursday (23.Sept.2021), time zone CEST.
Please note: The time allocated to full articles is 30 min in total, comprising 20 min for presentation and 10 min for Q&A. The time allocated to WIP articles is 20 min in total, comprising 15 min for presentation and 5 min for Q&A.
Tuesday, 21 September 2021
9h30-9h45 Introductory remarks
- Wellcome to GECON Online
- Introduction to GECON series (José Ángel Bañares, Jörn Altmann and Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda)
9h50-10h50 Keynote Talk: Rosa M. Badia. Dynamic and Intelligent Workflows with eFlows4HPC
11h-12h10: Session Performance. Chair: Bruno Tuffin
- Workload Evaluation in Distributed Simulation of DESs (Full). Paul Hodgetts, Hayk Kocharyan, Fidel Reviriego, Álvaro Santamaría, Unai Arronategui, José Ángel Bañares and José Manuel Colom
- Can VM Live Migration Improve Job Throughput? Evidence From a Real World Cluster Trace (WIP). Daon Park, Hyeonsoo Kim, Changyeon Jo, Youngsu Cho and Bernhard Egger.
- Last mile delivery by drone: A technoeconomic approach (WIP). Evgenia Skoufi, Evangelia Filiopoulou, Angelos Skoufis and Christos Michalakelis.
12h10-14h Lunch Break on Gather.town
14h-15h20: Session AI and Digital Economy. Chair: Karim Djemane
- Reinforcement learning for Modeling and Capturing the Effect of Partner Selection Strategies on the Emergence of Cooperation (Full). Somayeh Koohborfardhaghighi and Eric Pauwels.
- AI Technologies and Motives for AI Adoption by Countries and Firms: A Systematic Literature Review (Full). Rene Kabalisa and Jörn Altmann.
- Architecture for Orchestrating Containers in Cloud Federations (WIP). Yodit Gebrealif, Mohammed Mubarkoot, Jörn Altmann and Bernhard Egger.
15h20-16h Virtual coffee (informal chat between participants)
16h-17h: Session Blockchains. Chair: Vlado Stankovski
- SaCI: a Blockchain-based Cyber Insurance Approach for the Deployment and Management of a Contract Coverage (Full). Muriel Franco, Noah Berni, Eder Scheid, Christian Killer, Bruno Rodrigues and Burkhard Stiller.
- A new blockchain ecosystem for trusted, traceable & transparent ontological knowledge (Full). Thanasis Papaioannou, Vlado Stankovski, Petar Kochovski, Anthony Simonet-Boulogne, Caroline Barelle, Alberto Ciaramella, Marco Ciaramella and George Stamoulis.
Wednesday, 22 September 2021
10h30-11h30: Tutorial: Energy Efficiency Methodologies in Cloud Computing. Karim Djemane
The tutorial presents a number of energy efficiency methodologies and their use in domains such as cloud computing, which makes up a large proportion of the total ICT energy consumption. Cloud computing providers resort to a variety of techniques to improve energy consumption at each level of the cloud computing stack: application design, programming model, middleware, virtualisation, hardware. Therefore, research on energy efficiency in cloud computing has attracted considerable attention and has focused on many aspects including ICT equipment (servers, networks) as well as software solutions running on top of ICT equipment (cloud management system domain for managing the cloud infrastructure).
11h35-13h05: Session Clouds, Fogs. Chair: José Á. Bañares
- Modelling Serverless Function Behaviours (Full). Rafael Tolosana-Calasanz, Gabriel G. Castañé, José Á. Bañares and Omer Rana.
- Knowledge Management Framework for Cloud Federation (WIP). Wahiba Mellaoui, Richard Posso, Yodit Gebrealif, Erik Bock, Jörn Altmann and Yoon Hyen Young.
- Self-organizing Energy-minimization Placement of QoE-constrained Services at the Edge (WIP). Matteo Mordacchini, Luca Ferrucci, Emanuele Carlini, Hanna Kavalionak, Massimo Coppola and Patrizio Dazzi.
- RapidSwap: A Hierarchical Far Memory (WIP). Hyunik Kim, Changyeon Jo and Bernhard Egger.
14h30- 15h20 Session Regulation, compliance. Chair: Patrick Maillé
- Analyzing the Wehe Network Neutrality Monitoring Tool (Full). Ximun Castoreo, Patrick Maillé and Bruno Tuffin.
- Towards Software Compliance Specification and Enforcement using TOSCA (WIP). Mohammed Mubarkoot and Jörn Altmann.
15h30-16h30: Posters/ New idea paper on gather.town. Chair: Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda
- Energy Efficiency in Edge Environments: a Serverless Computing Approach. Karim Djemame.
- Fighting Reluctance: Engagement, Participation, and Trust. A.M. Foley and Jean-Charles Grégoire.
16h30-17h30: Keynote talk: Nicolas Stier. Pacing Mechanisms For Ad Auctions. Chair: Bruno Tuffin
Thursday, 23 September 2021
10h-11h: Panel on Law and Computer Science Challenges. Chair: Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda.
As Law and Computer science develop, they pose each other new challenges. These challenges are expressed in questions such as: Where must computer scientists stretch their abilities to provide law with adequate solutions? What legal developments are required to deal with new computer science achievements?
In this panel, hosted by Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda of the CRI institute at the University of Haifa, we will hear answers from:
- Niva Elkin-Koren, of Tel-Aviv University Faculty of Law, Berkman
Klein Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University.
- Supreeth Shastri, of the University of Iowa
- Vincent Mueller, of Leeds university
12h00-14h00 Workshop: "Trustworthy Services, Information Exchange and Content Handling in the Context of Blockchain" organized by Thanasis Papaioannou.
- Semantic Representation as a Key Enabler for Blockchain-Based Commerce (WIP). Giampaolo Bella, Domenico Cantone, Cristiano Longo, Marianna Nicolosi-Asmundo and Daniele Francesco Santamaria.
- CopyrightLY: Blockchain and Semantic Web for Decentralised Copyright Management (WIP). Roberto Garcia, Ana Cediel, Mercè Teixidó and Rosa Gil.
- ISLAND: An Interlinked Semantically-enriched Blockchain Data Framework (WIP). Alexandros Kalafatelis, Konstantinos Panagos, Anastasios E. Giannopoulos, Sotirios T. Spantideas, Nikolaos C. Kapsalis, Marios Touloupou, Evgenia Kapassa, Leonidas Katelaris, Panayiotis Christodoulou, Klitos Christodoulou and Panagiotis Trakadas.
- Smart Contract for cross-border AI model management (WIP). Petar Kochovski, Seungwoo Kum, Jaewon Moon, Aleks Vujić and Vlado Stankovski.
- A Distributed Graph Data Storage in Ethereum Ecosystem (WIP). Dominik Tomaszuk, Dominik Kuziński, Mirek Sopek and Bogusław Święcicki.
14h30-14h45 GECON 2021 Closing Remarks and GECON2022 Presentation